Tuesday, January 29, 2013

fragrant candles


we have been on a candle kick since the holidays.  my favourite thing is when kai sets the table for a candlelight dinner for three... it's the best.

and then i received a gorgeous japanese quince fragrant candle made by seda france.  with a hint of rhubarb, passion fruit, peach and white jasmine, the aroma that fills the room works like a charm to help me relax and lift my mood.  this is a recent discovery since the candles that are normally lit in my house are scentless.  i cannot believe i let this olfactory sense fall by the wayside for so long.

i must share that jasmine is one of my favourite scents ever (when we were in santa monica it was everywhere and i remember thinking how one jasmine bush could make an entire block smell so good; it made me smile every time).  i would love to grow it in my little outdoor space, pick some blooms after a day of work and i know i would instantly feel better.  perhaps one day! 

i am getting a little off topic, let me get back to this lovely candle that was gifted to us by one of our favourite families.  seda france candles are hand poured into an etched glass with toile design so it looks pretty too... and that packaging, i simply cannot toss the box it came in!!!  what's not to like.

it's the little things in life... hope everyone is having a good start to their week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...