Friday, November 15, 2013

my stack of rings

i don't wear much jewellery but the one ring that never leaves my finger is my 'love' band. first it was my gold band with sapphires that stefan designed for me when we were married.  i love that ring as much as the one i now wear, a silver vintage-like band with ten tiny diamonds scattered around it.  it is a ring i coveted and stalked for a looooong time and then one tuesday evening many years ago i unwrapped a little box given to me by stefan and all of a sudden i was its owner! i adore these rings so so much and i haven't given a thought to owning other rings.   two very pretty and simple rings is all a girl needs.  

but then this recent craze with stacking rings began and, well, i was drawn to it.  i started to casually look around but not fully committed to adding to my small ring collection.   then i saw them and got giddy inside... you know, when you see something that is so perfect for you.  that's how i feel about my new stack of delicate and simple bands by roberto fioravanti, a vancouverite that i stumbled upon at circle craft. it felt like i had won the lottery.  three are sterling silver with just the right amount of sparkle and one is gold plated and oxidized.  they are simple and thin but all together they make me swoon. i think they will be a permanent fixture on my finger.

the best part?  i can casually browse for additional rings to add to my stack and change it up.  and, i can simply take out my pretty sapphire wedding band and add it to the mix too.  the options are endless.
 

 


ps.  roberto fioravanti is doing another show at the milano coffee lounge and tasting bar on december 10th.  hope to see you there.

have a lovely weekend (my hubby comes home on saturday!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...