Monday, January 22, 2018

stockholm weekend pics, a slow january


i have not been around here very much lately.  following a completely and utterly restful winter break, getting back into a routine has been difficult, throwing me a bit off balance.  

there have been reasons, of course - getting used to going into work daily (a new job!), "single" parenting while stefan is away, lacking sleep, and coping with the continued darkness; i know the the days are getting longer but here in stockholm it really takes its time.  

yet, i have been trying to get the balance and routine back this month with these 5 simple ways:

i take a shot of iron. before moving to stockholm, i took monthly b12 injections but have let it go since being here but in its place i take iron (blutsaft in swedish which translates to blood juice) - i like floradix - which helps keep my energy level up; and i take vitamin d, essential with the darkness that permeates stockholm skies. 

i drink green tea with mint. i never liked green tea and then a friend encouraged me to try it with mint.  i was hooked and incorporated it into my day. 

i bounce!  when kai was little i purchased a mini trampoline which he and his friends put to good use, jumping and flipping onto my bed but i primarily bought it for my own use. cardio is the one thing i know that works to help me manage my weight but i don't like running and spin classes are outrageously expensive here, so i dusted off the trampoline. it's been great fun.  

i cook.  since stefan has been away, kai and i had take-out once.  i mostly cook vegetarian / vegan and it has me feeling really well.  no, i haven't stopped eating animal products, i can't give up my eggs... eaten with kalle (creamed caviar) just like the swedes. yum.

i go to bed so that i get at least 7 - 8 hours of sleep.  i am a night owl by nataure but this makes my mornings sluggish and unproductive, not a great start to the day especially now that i need to be at work at 8:30.  how i wake up matters to me and so my rushed mornings was bothering me.  i have gotten better... working out, taking time for a cup of tea, and eating breakfast a handful of times this month, which is progress for me.  

these are practices i hope to keep throughout the year.  fingers crossed. 

now, to weekend pics... here is a peek at the some of the photos i took during our january weekends:















thank you so much for hanging out in this space, it means so much to me.  hope you had wonderful weekends this month. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...