Wednesday, January 25, 2012

boxwood

i really want a green thumb.  my dad was an awesome gardener, tending to his vegetables daily.  it was his mission to keep the squirrels away from his garden - he made me laugh with his antics.  my mom can grow any outdoor flower or houseplant.  so you see, it's in my genes.  deep in my genes.  i have little luck with plants.  i have had the same two houseplants for years but they seem to do fine without me - when i notice their leaves a little limp i water them and they come alive again.  easy.  when i have tried to bring in other houseplants, they apparently want my undivided attention and when it's not given they perish. not so easy.

so, when i came across preserved boxwood globes at restoration hardware the other day it got me thinking about bringing preserved plants into the house.  they didn't look waxy and are actually real.  i am not a fan of fake plants, especially fake flowers. 

having a north facing home, it doesn't get a huge amount of light so the preserved boxwood globes would be perfect - a little splash of colour, easy to care for (apparently a monthly mist of water), and not too expensive.  i just might be making a purchase soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...