Wednesday, September 24, 2014

weekend pics, my weekend away

hi! i spent the weekend in victoria with one of my favourite girlfriends.  this was my first trip alone in a few years and so great to spend it with a good friend.   
 
here are a few photos i took on our trip (i forgot my camera so these are taken with my crappy phone camera).  we stayed at the magnolia hotel, a recently renovated boutique hotel located right in downtown. it was beautifully done with greys and taupes and bowls of apples, and that rug at reception i loved the most.  we ate at rebar and ferris' oyster bar and grill -  there was mussels and ahi tuna and oysters; items i normally don't eat with my boys.  so good.  we attended a play, the rez sisters, at the belfry.  we pampered ourselves at silk road with a green tea facial and the best neck/shoulder and arm/hand massage ever, we bought tea too (they make lovely teas).  we visited munro's bookstore, a gorgeous place to while away time (it's a must).  and we visited boutique shops with stops for ice teas and london fogs.  the weather was spectacular.


 
 
 
i have only been back one day and it's been a bit of a busy one...  i painted another wall in the house, tidied and laundered, washed the floors, ran errands with my little guy, and now i'm sick; a nasty cold.  fingers crossed and some vitamin c for me.  so glad i had the weekend away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...