Thursday, June 14, 2012

noises in the night


image from here

i am a total wimp in my own house.  when stefan is away my bedtime ritual changes. it isn't as easy as shutting the lights and going to bed, many more steps take place.  i spook myself too easy, listening for noises, thinking that a burglar is coming in (we once had a daytime break-in many years ago through the bedroom window followed by an almost nighttime break-in while we were home - we then installed a light sensor!). 

my bedtime ritual when stefan is away: the alarm goes on as soon as kai and i are home even if bedtime is still a few hours away.  when it's finally time for bed i leave the bedroom light on (i have no interest in saving on electricity), i sleep with my glasses on, and i keep the alarm box and phone next to me for easy access.  i will lay in bed until i can no longer keep my eyes open, reading helps for awhile.  it is so exhausting!  i am so glad stefan is coming home tonight.

and i just learned a great tip: "put your car keys beside your bed at night.  if you hear a noise outside your home or someone trying to get in your house, just press the panic button of your car."  it is unlikely the intruder will hang around.  smart idea if you live in a house with the car out front or back but my car is in the underground parking so this tip is not so useful for me but maybe for you?  do you ever get spooked in the night?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...