Wednesday, September 26, 2012

my mom is on youtube!

cannoli are popular italian desserts, originating from sicily... my parents birth place. needless to say, i have eaten my share. they are a tube shaped shell of fried pastry dough filled with ricotta (sweet and creamy). ricotta. always ask what the cream is made of, you don't want custard. trust me, ricotta is the way to go.

photo from our 2011 trip to toronto

kai has been introduced to cannoli during our visits to toronto and loves them as much as i do. in toronto, north pole bakery is the place to buy them (as well as sicilian bread). my mom is friends with the owner, lucy, and she can often be found in the back of the shop helping to prepare cannoli plus other baked goods. enjoy this video, my mom is introduced as the 83 year old that volunteers in the shop. too cute... my mom is on youtube!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...