Monday, July 15, 2013

weekend pics, 33 hours

33 hours is the amount of time i was on my own this weekend while stefan and kai went on their annual boys-only camping trip to the sunshine coast (they had fun!).  if you'd like to read about it, this is what my 33 hour weekend without them looked like:

do: i went to the khatsahlano music and art festival popping into shops; stopping to listen to the variety of bands playing, my favourite was e.s.l and the lion, the bear, and the fox; sipping on iced tea, the one from david's tea really did taste just like a pina colada, it was so refreshing; and i really really wanted a corn on the cob but couldn't because of the braces (argh!) but i did have a snow cone :)

exercise: over the course of the weekend i went for a run, worked out at the gym, and cycled to kitsilano pool for a lovely long swim.  i am feeling good despite the indulging...

indulge: i ate biscotti (my favourite) dipped in tea and came across a gluten-free salted chocolate chip cookie from culprit coffee that was the best i've tasted thus far.  i will definitely return and bring my boys with me.

watch: i went to the movies to watch before midnight and while one person walked out of the cinema in the middle of the movie and another, at the end, turned to me to say it was a waste of money, i actually loved it.  i enjoyed strolling through greece with jesse and celine, their dialogue and the realism of their relationship was mesmerizing.  if you haven't seen it, be sure to see the first two movies in this trilogy first, before sunrise and before sunset

eat: i treated myself to a japanese meal from shizenya.... their tofu and avocado salad with black sesame sauce is incredibly delicious.  and i cooked a one-tray bake for my boys' return home (thank you for the suggestion lyda!).

pamper: i ended my 33 hours with a pedicure and manicure from pure nail bar













 

 
 
dog swoon... isn't this the cutest mohawked dog you've ever seen?

 




espresso coloured toes!


despite missing my boys - that kai of mine grows more quickly when he's away from me, he did the same thing last year - and not enjoying being home alone at nighttime (remember this post about noises in the night), i had a lovely weekend on my own.  i hope yours was lovely too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...