Friday, November 25, 2011

skin and hair care

those of you that know me are probably wondering what on earth i could be sharing about beauty products since i don't pay too much attention to the stuff.  stefan has more products than i do!  but i think i have some things i can share.  over the years i have consistently been told by strangers, friends, and professionals who work in the beauty business that i have healthy looking skin and hair and am asked what it is i do.  well, it's genetics because i don't really do much. perhaps that's the secret?  actually, over the last 8 years i have actually acquired some products; here they are:

facial products:

             

i started moisturizing daily in my mid-thirties.  i have consistently used philosophy's hope in a jar (tube form) with spf.  it is thick and creamy yet light and absorbs instantly.  it perfectly nourishes my skin, i swear that i can feel it working.  the only problem?  i can't find hope in a jar with spf in canada so i pick it up from the states (stefan or suji are my suppliers). 

for the longest time i would just fall into bed at the end of the day and skip washing my face (too lazy!).  i hardly wear make-up and so i didn't think it was necessary.  however, my latest purchase has turned into a staple: philosophy purity towelettes.  you just wipe your face and they remove dirt, the occasional blush or mascara i use, and leave my face feeling fresh and revitalized!

when i remember, i moisturize at night with philosophy's help me.  i am hoping it will help me with my fine lines!

once or twice a year, sometime during the winter months, i use st. ives' timeless skin mineral clay.  i love the feel of my face after i use it.  perfection!

hair products:


for the longest time i bought whatever shampoo and conditioner was on sale at the drugstore.  the bigger the bottle and cheaper the price i would purchase it.  that all changed when i discovered aveda's rosemary mint shampoo and conditioner.  i have been using it for a few years now and don't plan on stopping!  i love the scent (peppermint-y), some people need coffee to wake them up in the morning but i just need my shampoo and conditioner!

i go to an aveda salon to colour my grays away.  just the roots so my hair keeps looking natural instead of dyed.  the sunshine is a natural highlighter for my hair during the summer months, giving it a reddish tint.

rarely do i use anything else in my hair, except when my hair is especially frizzy.  i use phyto's pytodefrisant botanical hair relaxing balm (i posted about it here).  recently i tried aveda's be curly curl enhancer to help tame frizz. both work equally well.

if i am out for an evening with the hubby, i might use moroccan oil for a little shine.

have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...